Monday, October 6, 2014

A much more energetic week


Dear Family, Friends, and Etc's,

So, first, Conference

Conference was awesome.  We only missed one talk, which was the first talk of the Sunday afternoon 
session because we went to get an investigators, and in the haice on the way back, someone threw up, 
and then they made us sit where he had thrown up, and then the haice was clearly completely full, and
 then they tried to add 3 more people, and like a lot of stuff, but it was a'ight.  I watched the Saturday
Morning, and Priesthood sessions in Portuguese, and the others in English.  I also watched the talk that 
was origionally in portuguese in portuguese which was great!  I liked a lot of talks.  A lot.  I was taking 
notes, and though, okay, I will mark this one to come back to.  Then the same thing with the next one.  
So I decided that it won't work to mark all of them, so i will just study them all in a few months when we 
get the conference leahona.

I liked a lot the talk from Elder Oaks, about showing love to everyone.  That. is. important.  We need 
to follow that.

Also i love the talk from the one person (I don't have my notes here) on saturday about the 6 things
 we can apply in our lives.  I am working to apply them all.  

Also, José got baptised this week.  We got an invite on tuesday to find someone to be baptised.  We 
started working with him and he wanted to, but I just had a restraining feeling.  He was interviewed 
and passed, but I wasn't feeling super comfortable.  We got to Sunday morning and it was still up in 
the air.  We didn't want to do something against the will of the Lord, but also didn't want to fall short of 
what we were capable of doing.  After the first saturday session, I had some restraining feelings, and 
so we talked with some of the branch council members, and as we talked, the talk from Elder Wong 
stood out about how one person can't pull everything.  José lacked member support.  So, we made 
some plans to get José integrated better, and we started to work.  José came to the preisthood 
session on sunday morning, and during the session I felt better.  We went after the session with a 
member, Claudio, and prayed about what should be done, and asked for a spritual confirmation that 
he should be baptised, after talking about it, and as we prayed we truely recieved that confirmation.  
Attached is a picture of the baptism.  I am grateful for the power of prayer.  I know the Lord answers 
My prayers.  

So also this week, to make the interview happen, i went and spent the day in Calheta which is like 
30 mins away by the ocean, with Elder Conway after our zone meeting.  It was an awesome day.  
There was some great stuff going on, and we found some new investigators for them and stuff.
Also, Elder Wallace is awesome.  He picks up on everything soooo fast.  He alreay speaks super 
well, and teaches super well, and is going to be a great missionary.

I also learned that I have a grandson serving in Brazil, who is the son of Elder De Pina that I trained 
in Santo Antao.

Many of the speakers in conference talked about challanges and changes and stuff.  My challange 
for this week is in support of theirs.  It is to make a live evaluation based off of the spirit, prayer, 
and the scriptures, espeicailly conference talks.  I know that will make a difference.

I know that prayer really is a powerful tool, and that the supreme father of all of us wants to hear
 from you, and if you don't talk to him, he will not hear you.

Christ showed his love for his Father being obedient and giving the glory to Him.  We must do 
the same.

Love you all!!!

Elder Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment