Monday, November 10, 2014

Re-Reminder

Dear Everyone,

this is what I asked for for Birthday and Christmas, and here is an example of how to do it, using the example of my dear sister Summie.  She Chose
Mosiah 17-
9-10. And Abinadi said unto him:  I say unto you, I will not recall the words which I have spoken unto you concerning this people, for they are true and that ye may know of their surety I have suffered myself that i have fallen into your hands.
Yea and I will suffer even until death and I will not recall my words, and they shall standas a testimony against you.  And if ye slay me ye will shed innocent blood and this shall also stand as a testimony against you at the last day.

18:9-- Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those than stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life --

Nephi said and my father dwelt in a tent.  if we dwell in a tent for a long time, we can feel like Lehi did. If we Stand up for what is right and dont recall our words, and if we morn with those that mourn and have experiences, we can understand what it means to do that too.  That is the thing I would love for Christmas.  Is to hear about how a scripture that you picked has come to mean something to you.  I know that this experiences will stregnthen your testimony of the truth, and diminish your doubts of falsehoods.

This last week was great.  We still had no one in Church, and we are really struggling, but I am learning and working on getting a fire lit within me that seems to have been lost after a long while of many dificulties.~

One thing I learned this week is the power of repentance to animate and motivate us.  The most powerful thing in a lesson is when someone makes the decision to truely repent.  When they accept to change and live a gospel principle, or truely be baptised.  That is powerful.  That is because on of the fruits of repentance is the spirit in more abundance.  It doesnt matter what we are passing through, repentance will always bring the spirit, and if it is true repentance, will always animate us and give us fire to do what is right.

This last week we have been trying harder to achieve our goals, and the standard of excelence, which are goals set for certain things every week like 10 investigators in sacrament meeting, and 12 lessons taught with members present, and 10 new references recieved and contacted and stuff like that.  It is not easy usually to achieve these things, but I am learning better how to be motivated and work to achieve goals.  To go the extra mile and stuff.

As part of our mission plan, this month we are focusing on teaching the 4th part of the 3rd lesson, the commandments (helping people repent), revelation through church attendance, and the chapters on planning and using time wisely, and on finding people.  That is a great blessing and are things that we really need this week and that are inspired.  Please pray that we may be able to more abundantly apply to our max these principles so that we can have success.

Oh also, transferes were yesterday, and we didnt get a call, so Elder Wallace and I are together for another transfer.  It is going to be good.  I love him and am ready to win.

We also had stake conference yesterday which was broadcasted from Praia to our branch here, which was great.  The stake is really focusing on self reliance, so there were some good talks on that.
I know the church is true, and that the Cabo Verde, Praia mission is the best mission in the church.

Love,
Elder Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment