Monday, August 10, 2015

Re-create yourself every day


Hey Everyone!

This week was a great week.  A million times better than the week before too!!!

Some highlights of the week:

Baptism!  I´d forgotten a bit about baptisms because it has been a while since I have had one.  Melanie was baptised this saturday and confirmed on sunday.  She is just a tad older than Kelsey (16).  She was found and taught by other elders, and then I showed up, and there were some complications with her baptism, and then, she was finally baptised.  She is super sweet.  She speaks fluent english. Her dad lives in america, and she is moving there at the end of next week.  It was a bit weird because I have never taught her.  But, somehow, I never felt any question about her rediness to be baptised.  Because of other problems, she couldnt come to church the two weeks that I have been there, although she had been there like 5 times before that.  It was a miracle for her to get permission from her mom and dad, and to finally see her baptised.  The elder that baptised here (the one standing next to her in the picture) was the one who found her and then got transfered to a different part of mindelo.

So I was reading through some of the coucil that I recieved when I was set apart, and some of it I really liked and have been thinking about this week.  One of the things was about recreating yourself every day.  Taking all the knowledge and experience you have gained up until that point and then.  BAM. starting over at the beginning of every day.  Work it out with the Lord and evaluate at night, then hit the day fresh.  There are still so many things to learn while I am here, and I need to be on top of it if I can get the most out of it.

I also forgot how to teach with a greenie that doesnt speak the language, but we had a good time this week.  I got to teach 2 lessons with Elder Gervais this week while Elder Gilbert went to do the interview of Melanie.  And... Both lessons were the law of chastisty.  It was great to help him figure out how to teach that and what to say for the first time.  Haha.

I also went on a divisoin with Elder Gilbert this week.  That was a blast!  He is a super good guy.  We found a bunch of new less actives and one of them came to church!  It was awesome.  Learnin´ every day.

I know that this is the Lord´s work, and I am so greatful for everything that The Lord has given me!
Like D&C 3 says:  If you dont want to do the Lords work the Lords way, He will keep going without you.
The Lord Knows.

I Love Him and His Son Jesus Christ.

Love,
Elder Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment